Owner of "Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs" had our dog killed at the shelter.
We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized.The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for her services.
After 17 days and reporting on Facebook with movies and updates he was making great progress, she took him to a local Chula Vista Animal Shelter and ordered him euthanized for $15. She did this the day after she cashed the last check for $2500, and the very same day she said she wanted to help find him a suitable home. Cate Sacks had him killed behind our back without our knowledge. Then, for almost 2 weeks, she lied and pretended he was still alive to secure a rescue transfer, so she could "help him find a home".
She sent fake written progress reports to us via email AFTER HE WAS DEAD. See the documents below. After months upon months of lying, we finally found out what she did. She refused to return our $4300, so we had to sue her in small claims court.
She finally returned the money just before the court date. Little comfort, since our dog was dead, killed at a shelter, and she was using big chains on him. She told San Diego Animal Control he got caught up in those chains and was hurt, but told the shelter where he was killed it was behavior issues. Catherine and Steele Sacks, the owners, have no verifiable credentials that we could find other than her own PR.
BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. They are still adverting their "boot camp" for a $1000 a week to unsuspecting dog owners. We also found two other dogs she had killed at Chula Vista Animal Shelter, but we don't know the circumstances, other than she took them there to be killed after "adopting" them. The shelter also shows that she "adopted" our Sandy.
We have enclosed a Yelp review we found from 2012 where she tried to pull the same stunt on another dog owner. She offers to have the owner "relinquish" the dog to her.
Some sort of creepy scam.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "The breeder (Tami Foster) has at least 30 dogs in her house. When I went in the front door they all came running & barking. I watched them..."
- "On September 13th 2011, I bought an AKC registered female from Ms. Morningstar for $2500 on co-ownership with the promise Ms. Morningstar to sign off with full payment or puppy..."
- "I had been looking for a shihpoo puppy for a while and came across one on the Purebred Breeders LLC website. I fell inlove with a puppy on there, called,..."
- "I had read several reviews that painted this site in a bad light. I then continued my research and watched a few youtube review videos. After I did that, I..."
- "Investigativeguy John Mattes has uncovered a scam so big it goes on worldwide. In pay phones worldwide at airports, BBG Communications has rigged phones so that coin..."
- "I've had this bed for approximately 9 years and just discovered mold growing in the air hoses. My mom has one as well and recently had the insides replaced because..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."