We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized.The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for her services.

After 17 days and reporting on Facebook with movies and updates he was making great progress, she took him to a local Chula Vista Animal Shelter and ordered him euthanized for $15. She did this the day after she cashed the last check for $2500, and the very same day she said she wanted to help find him a suitable home. Cate Sacks had him killed behind our back without our knowledge. Then, for almost 2 weeks, she lied and pretended he was still alive to secure a rescue transfer, so she could "help him find a home".

She sent fake written progress reports to us via email AFTER HE WAS DEAD. See the documents below. After months upon months of lying, we finally found out what she did. She refused to return our $4300, so we had to sue her in small claims court.

She finally returned the money just before the court date. Little comfort, since our dog was dead, killed at a shelter, and she was using big chains on him. She told San Diego Animal Control he got caught up in those chains and was hurt, but told the shelter where he was killed it was behavior issues. Catherine and Steele Sacks, the owners, have no verifiable credentials that we could find other than her own PR.

BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. They are still adverting their "boot camp" for a $1000 a week to unsuspecting dog owners. We also found two other dogs she had killed at Chula Vista Animal Shelter, but we don't know the circumstances, other than she took them there to be killed after "adopting" them. The shelter also shows that she "adopted" our Sandy.

We have enclosed a Yelp review we found from 2012 where she tried to pull the same stunt on another dog owner. She offers to have the owner "relinquish" the dog to her.

Some sort of creepy scam.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Animal Services category for more informed decision or compare Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs?

Comments